Beverly
It seems you need to watch this free webinar on Sources.
<https://familytreewebinars.com/webinar/sources-and-citations-made-simple-standard-and-powerful/>
Legacy Sources are made up of two parts, the Master Source and the Source Detail. The Master Source would be the Census year for a particular country, state or county - your choice. The Source Detail is the particular household or group of households on the one page.

Cathy

Beverly k <mailto:neilbe...@hotmail.com>
Thursday, 3 March 2022 06:41
I'm confused about creating sources and then linking them to individual records.  Excuse me if I can't express myself clearly.  I know what I want to do but don't understand the best way to it.

For example,

I've created a record for a page from the 1892 NY State census.  There are 28 people from my family on this image.  How do I attached the exact same citation to each person without creating a new record for each?

Or maybe--- I shouldn't be creating a source for just one page, but for the whole census and then details for each but I still don't want to have to recreate an entry for each person.

Thank you for any input!

Beverly