From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of
David Cripps
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 7:03 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy slow to start

Hi Everybody,

I have a strange issue with a brand new Desktop computer, wherein Legacy
itself might take 20-30 seconds to load at first start of the day.
It's quite disconcerting when it happens, especially as this machine should
be (and is) an absolute flyer.

My old desktop clunker was getting a bit long in the tooth, so the guts of
my upgrade is:

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz
Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB, M.2 NVMe
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Home, Ver. 23H2, 64 bit
Legacy 9.0.0.443 with 10,000 names

I'm reaching out to see what others think of this, and I wondering the
obvious simple thing, like, is it an issue of a lack of memory ? Should
I double it to 64 GB ? Or make the RAM larger ?

The re-install of Legacy went fine, and without issue, and I continue to
carry on my research, do backups, and the odd bit of editing. As I said
after the first start of Legacy, all's well, and I can work away all day
if I like.

I thought there might be a slim chance this issue has been dealt with
before and resolved by a simple tweak, so I'd love to hear the technical
types throw their solutions my way.

Many thanks
David Cripps in Tasmania

--