Individual > Modified date > after > [the date you started using the other computer] Tag the Search list on an unused tag and export to a new Legacy file and then import just those people into your Legacy 10 database and merge. In the export and import you can choose to keep existing RINs as much as possible though on import I'd opt to start RINs at a much higher value than your current RINs so you can see easily in the merge which person came from which file. Don't forget to override privacy in export if you've used any privacy features.
Cathy

Ian Thomas <mailto:il.tho...@outlook.com>
Saturday, 29 June 2024 3:40 PM

Further clarification of my previous post –

I have added to my Legacy fields display, the *Added* field and the *Update* field - but *sorting* by these in the _Index  mode_ (rather than the _Family display mode_) will not allow sorting by the values in those two fields.

Perhaps it would be possible in both Legacy v9 and Legacy v10, to create a query which is ordered in those ways? I have not yet attempted to do that.

Any ideas from others here?

I.L. Thomas, Western Australia

-----Original Message-----

From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com <mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com>> On Behalf Of Ian Thomas

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2024 12:32 PM

To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com <mailto:legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>>

Subject: [LegacyUG] Sort / order by Last Updated - not available in v10?

Because I added a few people when away from my "main" computer used for Legacy FT, and was using a Windows tablet with Legacy v9, I now want to add the additions and any modifications that I may have made to individuals with earlier RIN. There are few alterations or additions and they don't warrant a side-by-side import - ie, can be done in a few minutes to the v10 that I will be using.

I have now updated my "main" computer with Legacy 10 - and can't find how to order by a "Last Updated".

Can I do that?

I.L. Thomas

Western Australia

LegacyUserGroup@legacyusers.com <mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyusers.com>

To manage your subscription and unsubscribe https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flegacyusers.com%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Flegacyusergroup_legacyusers.com&data=05%7C02%7C%7C5e938b8653ca4609e6f408dc97f4ab16%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638552324312242512%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=8y3WXiRm3SdggrG%2BqrDrWD2bsCDSXkRUyrfBEzgj%2FwE%3D&reserved=0 <http://legacyusers.com/mailman/listinfo/legacyusergroup_legacyusers.com>

Archives at:

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Flegacyusergroup%40legacyusers.com%2F&data=05%7C02%7C%7C5e938b8653ca4609e6f408dc97f4ab16%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638552324312251028%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=2iNGYiZOrIXh1tgJoTKR0nhIp%2BG6jYRSHg%2FtaqiX8j0%3D&reserved=0 <http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/>

Ian Thomas <mailto:il.tho...@outlook.com>
Saturday, 29 June 2024 12:32 PM
Because I added a few people when away from my "main" computer used for Legacy FT, and was using a Windows tablet with Legacy v9, I now want to add the additions and any modifications that I may have made to individuals with earlier RIN. There are few alterations or additions and they don't warrant a side-by-side import - ie, can be done in a few minutes to the v10 that I will be using.

I have now updated my "main" computer with Legacy 10 - and can't find how to order by a "Last Updated".

Can I do that?

I.L. Thomas
Western Australia

Cathy Pinner <mailto:genea...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 25 June 2024 10:31 AM
No catch. For a start it's desktop software and once you have it you can use it for as long as you like. MH have apparently wanted to make Legacy free ever since they bought the company 7 years ago. The part of Legacy that generates revenue is, I think, the webinar subscriptions.

Cathy

Linda G <mailto:llg...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 25 June 2024 6:23 AM
I suspect there will be a catch on down the road - they are a money-maker big company just like Ancestry.  Nothing is free forever.