John,

It depends on what you want to do.  I use both.  I imagine you are
looking for ways to make sure the data can be used across platforms
and still stay current.  Intellishare is ideal to use when more than
one researcher is working on the same database.  It lets one of the
parties maintain the database and send refreshed copies to the others.
 I have my Legacy database on my desktop and I shared it.  When I'm
using my laptop (most of the time), I access the shared database.

Jim