Hi Darlene,

On 2/25/06, Darlene Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>    A week ago I sent the standard Legacy program plus
> my tree information, along with the multi-media files
> on a CD to a genealogist who is helping me, and she
> cannot open my file.  A message pops up that says she
> doesn't have access to this file.  I followed all the
> directions from the Legacy website, but I still must
> be missing something.  She tried re-downloading the
> Legacy standard version, but still no luck!  Can
> anyone think what I might have forgotten to do?
>    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am unsure of what you and your friend have done.  I presume that she
has installed Legacy onto her PC.  To access the Legacy database file
that you sent her, she needs to copy the file to her PC.  She cannot
access it from the CD.

Once she has copied the file and if she wants to edit or add data, she
will need to change the file attrributes so that the file is not -
Read Only.   The CD file is a read only file.

HTH
--
Stuart

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to
Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter
online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/