Melanie Armstrong wrote
Has anyone else had trouble with dates? When I try to put in a date like March 17, 1685 it double dates it unless I turn the double dating feature off. If I turn the double dating feature off it turns all my dates that are double dated such as March 17,1685/86 to March 17, 1685. It does this with dates such as Mar 17, 1302 also. I've contacted customer support and the dates work just fine for them. Do I have something set wrong or is it a bug? Any help with this would be appreciated.

I think you'll find the following, from the Help file, relevant:

"Legacy supports the practice of double dating to handle the time period between the changeover from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. To turn this feature on, click Customize on the Options menu, and then click the Dates tab. With this feature selected, entering a date that falls between January 1, 1583 and March 24, 1752 (or any cutoff date you specify) displays it as a double date. You can specifically enter the double date, such as Feb. 16, 1723/24 or Feb 16 1723/1724, in which case Legacy displays it as Feb 16, 1723/24. If you don't include the second year, Legacy accepts the year you entered as the second year. Jan 16, 1652 becomes Jan 16, 1651/52."

So basically, any date that you enter which falls between Jan 1 1583 and the cutoff date *will* appear as a double date as long as you have double dating switched on.

Or are you saying that you have this problem with dates which fall *outside* the 1583-1752 period?
--
Jenny M Benson

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to
Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter
online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/