I posted a query some days ago about generating text, photos and
index in one file. Thanks to Elizabeth and Peter for their
trying to work it out myself, but since James' query today - and
give the gent a break, he's only venting his frustration -  re
his lost message, it has prompted me to mention that you can
"create" a text file with index and export it as an RTF file to
MSWord but the index and contents don't show, but if you "create"
a text file with index and export it as a PDF document it DOES
create contents and index. This you can then copy, cut and paste
into your word processing programme but with all formatting lost.
No problem. We usually tinker with the format to our own design
any way, at least the text is all there AND THE INDEX. I have
over 8000 people in my file now and refuse to do it manually.

Re James' comments about sig lines - I agree. Way too many and
way too big. Can't they be condensed?
I unsubbed from the digest to individual emails for this very
reason. The digest was mostly repeated parts of earlier posts and
sig lines. A frustrating time waster.

Noelene Jenkinson
Horsham, Australia