From: "Olds-Wills-Anderson-Simonson-Hodges-Harris-Liikala-Jukkara-" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@mail.millenniacorp.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] RECORDING SOURCES
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 07:34:42 -0500
It then appears those most experienced enter details of the Document
(death certificate in the above example) in the Source Detail
(certificate number, names, dates, pages, text, file ID, etc).

All very well understood and logical.

However, my issue with the above methodology when using Legacy is the
difficulty in assigning Detail to more than one family member.  Most
certificates for instance refer to multiple family members.  Birth
Certificates for example refer to mother, father, and child.  It would
stand to reason a Legacy module such as that used for pictures, the
Picture Center, would best serve this process when the detail of various
Sources applies to multiple individuals.  A few simple clicks could
assign a birth certificate to every individual mentioned on the
certificate.  The same would apply to newspaper articles (particularly
obituaries), and other Sources when more than one individual is referred
to in the Source Detail.

I am interested to hear what others have to say about this.  I believe I
may be missing something very key to my sourcing process.
Thanks
Gary

Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger 7.5 today! http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/