Hi,

Simon Ward wrote:
> OSM might be considered non‐commercial

OSM *is not* a commercial enterprise. Not "might be considered".

> but what about companies who use
> OSM?  A licence to use data in a non‐commercial project is not
> necessarily one that allows distribution to others (commercial or not).

Nobody has disputed that.

The text in question says (paraphrased): "OSM is a noncommercial
project, we collect data for everyone to use as they see fit.".

That text is, in my eyes, not incorrect, not even misleading, but an
accurate description of what OSM is about. I think I am not sure what
your point is.

Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"