On Mar 1, 2009, at 6:37 PM, Simon Ward wrote:

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 11:30:41AM -0500, Russ Nelson wrote:
Creative Commons license (by-sa). or under the ODbL. If you choose not to
give us your email address, or your email address stops working, you
waive all right to ownership of your edits.

This needs a safeguard to allow for email addresses temporarily not
working. I’m not even sure this is the right thing to do anyway. It’s far safer getting rid of a user’s data than it is assuming ownership of
it.

Why? If the owner of the data ever shows up, they can 1) agree to any changes in the license, or 2) ask to have their data removed. I don't see much value in removing the data now on the chance that we might have to remove it later.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson