On 6 Mar 2009, at 12:58, 80n wrote:

> It would be good to have a review of the Articles of Association so
> any changes could get ratified at the AGM in August.  Otherwise it
> won't happen until next year.  However I think all available
> bandwidth is being consumed by the license at the moment so it will
> probably have to wait until that gets settled (unless the license
> implies that rights will get assigned to OSMF in which case the
> Articles of Association suddenly go right to the top of the agenda).

I had a 90 minute meeting with our lawyer today going through her
findings in relation to the license.

Some of the time was spend getting more up to speed on the license
concepts but there are a number of issues that the foundation will
need to address and it did seen to be clear that the Foundation would
be the legal entity that collected the contributions, assembled the DB
and was the initial licensee for the resulting DB on a ODbL license
and as such I think the Foundation will be in a key position and yes I
think the articles should be tightened.

I would also say that there is a big pool of talent out in this
community that could help get it together before the conference.

I need a bit more time to go through the document she produced before
making it public because at the moment it would just confuse. I will
try to get the document out early next week and get some of the issues
onto the wiki over the weekend.

Regards,

Peter