On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> As I said: You could drop the reverse engineering clause for certain
> share-alike licenses only, thus making reverse-engineering into a
> share-alike form possible but that would mean that the best you get with
> your OMR is a CC-BY-SA or GFDL licensed database.

I think we also need to keep in mind that this is a license intended not
only for OSM, but also for other databases. So what if someone wants to use
the ODbL for a database of poems, and the poems are under some incompatible
license? Or if someone makes a database of the most important 17th century
poems, and want to make a book of them illustrated with pictures from
istockphoto?

 - Gustav