Ciprian Talaba <cipriantal...@...> writes:

> Hi all,
> I know the discussion lately have been towards agreeing about an OSM
> license, and probably this is not the best time to ask this question.
> But I came across Corine Land Cover 2000 datasets and I want to make
> sure that they can be use in OSM. The organization behind CLC 2000 is
> European Environment Agency (EEA) and the website where the dataset is
> available have some legal information like:
> 1. on the page http://www.eea.europa.eu/legal/copyright
> "Unless otherwise indicated, the information available from this
> site is
> within the public domain. Public domain information on the EEA web
> pages may be downloaded free of charge, and reproduced provided the
> source is acknowledged*.
> .............................* Citing this website"
> 2. on the page http://www.eea.europa.eu/themes/landuse/clc-download
> from where you can download the datasets, in the tab "My details" where
> is the following notice:
> "The information available in this
> application is under copyright of EEA and within the public domain.
> Public domain information in this application may
>
> be used free of charge, provided the source is acknowledged. The
> acknowledgment should read (c) EEA, Copenhagen, 2007"
> So my opinion is that we can use data from CLC 2000 as long as we add
> the source as a tag to each imported element. So you see any problems
> in using this dataset?
> Thanks,
> Ciprian

On the other hand you can read also from:
http://dataservice.eea.europa.eu/dataservice/metadetails.asp?id=950

Rights:
    EEA grants free access to all its data/applications provided that the user
agrees:
    · to acknowledge the source as follows: Copyright EEA, Copenhagen, 2007
    · to display a link to the EEA web site http://www.eea.europa.eu
    · not to use the data/applications for commercial purposes unless the Agency
has expressly granted the right to do so