Frederik Ramm schrieb:

> If you take a GPL program and modify it (or not) you can distribute it
> and you are then the licensor. ODbL doesn't allow that.

I think the provisions of the GPL and ODbL are quite similar:

GPL v3:

"Sublicensing is not allowed" - "Each time you convey a covered work,
the recipient automatically receives a license from the original
licensors, to run, modify and propagate that work, subject to this License."

"You may convey a work based on the Program, or the modifications to
produce it from the Program, in the form of source code under the terms
of section 4, provided that you also meet all of these conditions: ...
You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to
anyone who comes into possession of a copy."

ODbL 1.0 RC1:

"You may not sublicense the Database. Each time You communicate the
Database ... to anyone else in any way, the Licensor offers to the
recipient a licence to the Database on the same terms and conditions as
this Licence."

"Any Derivative Database that You Publicly Use must be only under the
terms of: i. This Licence; ii. A later version of this Licence similar
in spirit to this Licence; or iii. A compatible licence.
If You license the Derivative Database under one of the licences
mentioned in (iii), You must comply with the terms of that licence."