On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Ulf Möller wrote:
> It doesn't. It's just that during a review of the proposed license, a
> lawyer pointed out that it is good practice to have terms of use for the
> website. That recommendation would still stand if we chose not to change
> the license.

I can't really comprehend how "terms and conditions for use of a website" mean
anything in the big real world.
I'm over 50 years old, have university degrees and post graduate
qualifications; i teach undergraduates and postgraduates in my field.
However, I'm not stuck in academic clouds
and putting terms and conditions on a website is bizarre.
I go to a website, i read, i look at pictures.
I know quite well that the contents are either copy left or copyright and i
should check before i copy anything.
Terms and conditions for use of a website - do we put terms and conditions on
advertising posters governing who can read them?
It's a public site, no passwords, no sign up required to read it, so it's for
the public to read.

Put the lawyer back in the cage.