> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Erik Johansson <erjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
>>> I would be interested in your thoughts on the legal situation here. Is
>>> distributing an OSM-derived data set on such a closed platform still
>>> CC-BY-SA conformant?

Lets think about this in a different way,
lets assume that i want to embed glibc in my microwave oven,

All I have to do is make the source available, but not in the oven.
According to the gpl you are required to have a written offer
somewhere in the fine print that the sources are available. Maybe CCSA
would turn out that way, there is no rule that it has to be easy.

I can imagine that they would be able do just say, here, we got the
data from osm and you can get the data from us if you need to.

Now the issue of access to the data from the user can be overridded by
an EULA and all other restraints, like a clause that says :
All our data belongs to us, if you want it back, fill out this FOI
form and send it to the legal department, wait 3-6 weeks and please
dont call.

just thinking out out, I am not a laywer.

mike