>So, in summary:
>
>- No attribution
>- Is a derived work released under Copyright
>
>I assume this hasn't been cleared and 'waived' by someone at OSM? Where can
we go from here?

I think that in cases where we can prove such a 'mistake' we should send
them a letter and clearly indicate their wrong behavior. In addition we
should put a sentence that they can make donation to OpenStreetMap and the
community forgets about the mistake. Otherwise the OSMF might take further
legal actions.

>From my experience I can tell that most companies would be willing to pay a
reasonable amount as it would take away the risk of bad press. In the end
the outcome would be best for both parties where the impact and severity of
the mistake is low or medium (I wouldn't consider it a huge violation as in
the header. For me a huge violation is when another make maker steals OSM
data).

In cases where a company gains a financial advantage from a breach of
license I think legal actions would be appropriate and should definitely be
taken. I think this is important as many companies are already watching what
happens in case of a severe violation to OSM data. If nothing happens many
companies might take advantage...

Regards,
Oliver