>No, you don't: in the case Frederik depicted you would simply count
>the amount of road kilometres inside each tile and afterwards do the
>same for another source. You wouldn't have to merge any of the data.

Counting data for certain geography won't lead to a breach of license.
However, Frederick wrote "create a data set derived from 2. and 3." where
these referred to derived data from OSM and Navteq. If data set refers to a
statistic your are right, if data set refers to nodes, ways and attributes
then such a derived data set is not allowed.

All I want to do is to avoid nasty mails from Eindhoven. Nokia/Navteq don't
like people who make transparent that the purchase price of Navteq was
largely overpriced...

Regards,
Oliver