On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Anyway, the number of people who have submitted "nearmap" changesets is 121,
> the total number of people who haved edited in Australia is 2752; so while
> NearMap-affected data may be up to 10% of Australia, NearMap-using users
> only make up 4.3% of those who edit in Australia.

I'm not sure which is worse, the assumptions you're making or the
conclusions you're drawing from them.

But tell me this.  What percentage of users are we going to lose if
the contributor terms *don't* allow a future switch to public domain?
Just you?  Not even you?

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:11 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> But in the grand scheme of things, not changing the license (I *knew* this
> would become a license discussion ;) is, in my opinion, likely to alienate
> many more people (or keep them away in the first place), so we are willing
> to pay a price for being able to proceed with the license change.

You're the one who brought up the license.  I thought we were talking
about the contributor terms.

Still waiting for the legal talk.