I'm curious about the meaning of the word "irrevocable" in the contributor
terms.

Having examined a number of licenses that grant a similar range of rights
(worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual) none of them include
irrevocability.  They also all contain a termination section that is usually
engineered to allow termination in the event of a breach.

Am I right in thinking that if OSMF committed a material breach of the CTs
then contributors would not be able to revoke their grant of rights?  Does
the common law right to repudiate trump the inclusion of an irrevocability
clause?

80n