On 13 October 2010 23:10, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Andrzej,
>
> andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>>
>> You may also want to take into account the automatic database rights
>> in some users' contributions (even if not copyrightable), which iirc
>> are not disclaimed by CC-By-SA 2 unported.
>
> If we assume there to be such rights (and there might well be!), would this
> not mean that we'd have to remove their contribution from OSM immediately
> because the required permissions for re-use/distribution have not been
> granted?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so.  Currently OSM is offered a
permission to redistribute under the same license including as part of
a collective work.  The license does not mention database rights or a
particular directive, but it doesn't have to.  Would the permission
not extend to the contribution as a database?

Cheers