On 17 November 2010 17:23, Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com> wrote:

> This doesn't really counteract the main thrust of the contributor terms which
> state that you grant a perpetual licence to do any act restricted by
> copyright,
> database right etc.  That needs to change to say that you grant just enough
> rights to distribute the data under the currently-used licence, but you are
> not
> required to give carte blanche for future changes.

I misunderstood your objection. My understanding of the current policy
is that a contributor does permit OSMF to use a different (future)
licence. That is the reason for the perpetual licence. If all that was
needed was that OSMF could use the data under the existing licence,
then you could have a CT just like the old CT's.

NB: I don't have a view on this at all and am not trying to influence policy.

--
Francis Davey