On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:51:28 +0100, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>
wrote:
> I would not want people to send messages to "total strangers" but if it
> is someone from an area where you have edited a lot, then I can
> understand that if they find a large section of his city or quarter not
> relicensed that they become concerned and send you a message. - When I
> map somewhere, I know that this might result in me being contacted by
> "total strangers", i.e. other members of this project who care for the
> place I've edited.

I think it is way to early to become concerned about actual data loss.
While people are given the oportunity to sign up to the CT/ODbL there is no
deadline, yet.  And if a final decision is made to switch to ODbL and to
require people to agree to the CT I would hope there will be plenty of time
to actually relicense one's stuff.  According to the implementation plan
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Implementation_Plan)
there will be a time when edits by users who did not sign up to ODbL will
not be allowed anymore.  IMHO only after that it is time to nag people to
relicense their stuff.

I do miss a button "I won't agree" on the CT signup page with an option to
reconsider.  Then, data could be highlighted that definitely would not
survive a license change.

Matthias