Hi all,

I'm a rank newbie at OSM, but getting into it because of my interest in
mapping bike facilities.

The US Rails to Trails Conservancy has an outstanding database of bicycling
trails. This "Traillink" database is the basis of Google's bike layer.  I've
read the legal FAQs for using data from other parties and understand it's
best to get specific permission on data imports.

I asked Rails to Trails about licensing their data to OSM and they say
they've been thinking about it and asked me to put them in touch with
somebody "official" at OSM.  They also indicated they would like some kind
of attribution where their data is used.

So, umm, who do I point them to?

Thanks!

Richard Masoner
Santa Cruz, California USA