On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Mike Collinson <m...@ayeltd.biz> wrote:

> At 01:10 AM 17/01/2011, Anthony wrote:
>>https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1sC0SrG_R6OkRDdC3IJKlmDEn2pYTY2DZfcpSLFdiBBU
>
> Latest and greatest:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1jY58fD3JyNUjzmecrpNejoOt4OnfHeEM-6o8rD5hCLY

More like latest and worst.  Among other things, it now says "OSMF
agrees to that it may only use or sub-license Your Contents as part of
a database".  :rolls eyes:

>>And after the CC-BY-SA content is removed it means ODbL and
>>DbCL?
>
> It means ODbL and DbCL once we have formally changed from CC-BY-SA.

Which means what?  Obviously OSMF has to remove the CC-BY-SA content
*before* it can stop requiring people to submit data which is
compatible with CC-BY-SA.  What step is "formally changing from
CC-BY-SA"?

>>At what point, if any, does the database become one where OSMF can't
>>switch back to CC-BY-SA without removing data?
>
> If 2/3 of active contributors vote for CC-BY-SA then OSMF can switch to it.
> If there was some data in there that somehow could be distributed under ODbL
> but not under CC-BY-SA, then it would either have to be removed or the IP
> owners contacted for permission.

At what point, if any, are people allowed to contribute data which is
not compatible with CC-BY-SA?