On 7 June 2011 09:35, Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com> wrote:
> Frederik Ramm <frederik@...> writes:
>
>>3. OSMF to choose a new license that is "free and open", present it to
>>OSM community for vote, and get 2/3 of active mappers to agree with the
>>new license. This is the only bit that is new, and the "2/3 of mappers"
>>hurdle can hardly be called "allow the board to tweak the license".
>
> The process is pretty simple really:
>
> - decide what licence you want without bothering to hold a vote
> - get everyone to sign up to new contributor terms allowing that licence
> - block anyone who says no from contributing
> and presto! you have your 2/3 majority of active contributors.
>
> Of course the OSMF would never do anything like that...

Reality check... So to "steal" all our precious data and kick the
majority of the contributors the "stupid evil OSMF" you propose would
have to shut down people contributing and joining OSM for 9 MONTHS
before they could run such a rigged system. The sysadmin team and
community would have long jumped ship and started another project.
Additionally the door would be open to taking legal action against
said "stupid evil OSMF" and "their" data would be tainted.

Grant
Part of OSM Sysadmin Team.