On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Mikel Maron <mikel_ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> My thought: Incompatible sources are incompatible.  "Good intentions"
>> do not trump incompatible sources.
>
> Wasn't thinking that because it was doing something for good, that
> automatically made it clean data :)
>
> Really curious how "substantial" might apply on sources, as we've explicitly
> said that use of OSM data in insubstantial ways does not trigger the
> virality of the license.

I see "insustantial" as something that the license can offer to
consumers of OSM data, not something that OSM can use as an excuse for
including incompatible data.  One might argue that anything done by
the OSM community is at least "systematic" and while possibly
insubstantial point by point, "substantial" when taken as a whole.
Incompatible sources are a temptation that conscientious mappers must
avoid at every turn.  Again, just my opinion.