On 16 June 2011 11:00, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> Does that not effectively rule out any future relicensing because the burden
> of checking existing data is just too high? I mean, how would one even
> *begin* to perform such a check, given that nobody is actually obliged to
> tell us what license restriction his externally-sourced data might be under?

Not quite, based on what Richard is saying. It would allow future
relicensing but only if the new licence remained compatible with the
terms seen to be required by the OS (currently attribution, if I've
understood correctly).

It's an unfortunate limitation, certainly, but not quite the same as
condemning us to ODbL or CC forever.

Dermot