On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com> wrote:

> I asked two attorneys in the USA to look into the question of whether the
> OSM
> map data falls under copyright.  Please see earlier messages in this
> thread for
> details of how the lawyers were chosen and the question asked.
>
> They produced a written report which they asked me not to distribute
> publicly
> because of attorney-client privilege.  I have sent a copy of that report
> to the
> LWG and the OSM board, and I am happy to share a copy with anyone who'd
> like to
> see it

Having received and read a copy of the full report, I'd urge anyone with an
interest in this matter to request a copy of it from Ed.  There's an
obligation not to redistribute it if you receive a copy, but, because the
analysis is set in the context of OSM, OSMF and ODbL it contains a number
of insights that are not it the public version.

It's worthwhile to request a copy from Ed if you are at all interested in
this.