Am 13.02.2012 22:28, schrieb fk270...@fantasymail.de:
Only six weeks are left before the scheduled license change on April 1st. There
are still too many open issues:
- checking imports (e.g. h4ck3rm1k3) which is rather an administrative than a
political issue
That I believe, is work in progress (in the case of h4ck3rm1k3 at least) .
- only 80% of worldwide mappers have agreed so far, despite a tremendous
mailing effort
"only", well that is a matter of perspective (besides that it is actually just over 50%). However in any case there is only a handful of mappers left that have significant contributions that haven't responded to date, for how the LWG proposes to handle them see the LWG minutes.
- checking invalid e-mails?
- sending paper letters to ~200 non-responding real-name mappers?
Same topic as above.

- enabling self adoption of anonymous edits and second accounts?
Anonymous mappers have always been able to agree to the CTs and have actually done so, non-existent problem. Mappers that have issues accessing "secondary" accounts should talk to the sys admins (as they have been doing up to now).
- How to deal with group accounts like mapping parties or schools with multiple
authors?
- How to deal with guest and test accounts?
- How to deal with short-time mappers who did not reach the level of database
protection?
- How to deal with low-quality first-time mappers whose contributions can
easily be removed?

Their contributions get removed if they don't accept the CTs.

- How to deal with armchair mappers who (are supposed to) have copied from
official maps?

What does that have to do with the licence change? Nothing. If they are kind enough not to accept the CTs their data gets deleted, if they have accepted the CTs and you can't revert their edits, you talk to the DWG.
- How to deal with deceased mappers?

If somebody turns up with enough documentation to show that the heirs want to leave the data in OSM, I would think we would actually do that.
- How to deal with forks that are ODbL-compatible, e.g. Commonmap?
Any data that is compatible with Commonmap (clearly not a fork btw) could potentially be a candidate for OSM with a corresponding OK for our attribution via the website. However at least I want -less-, not more imports and welcome the offering of Commonmap as a round folder for people infected with importmania.

- How to deal with split ways?
See LWG minutes.

- How to replace ways that have been manufactured by decliners or
non-responders and later modified by active mappers? In some cases, the current
ownership attribution of split ways is simply fraud.
If somebody has been vandalizing the map, obviously you take the normal route for getting it undone.

See it took 5 minutes to deal with all the issues :-)

Simon