The presence of non compliant data in our database can only harm
the community and thereby the project.

The longer it stays there the more harm is being done to the
community/project.

We should be trying to minimise the damage to OSM and the only way
to do this is to.....

Remap madly until April 1st then map madly after that to fill in any
important "holes". Once this is done then we can concentrate on
mapping new areas and adding more value to our current dataset.
For these reasons, slipping the April 1st deadline would result
in more damage to the project than adhereing to it.

PS - It's been well understood that in Australia, remapping all the
decliner edits (both traced imported and surveyed) will take a
couple of years. I don't understand why some people are  now
starting to "panic".  Maybe it's just that time of month again where
we have to rehash the licence debate for the n+1th time.

Nick