Three different examples; all of them were remapped & verified in respect to
location and tags (except of name=* in most cases). That doesn't mean the tags
have changed though, sometimes they were imported just right.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/28099536/history
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/28099539/history
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/28099452/history

Could you point me to the v0 rule you're referring to?

Cheers,
rhn