On 17.01.2013 08:56, Jeff Meyer wrote:
> If we require others to put (c) OpenStreetMap contributors on their
> tiles [...]

We don't.

Like ourselves, they can also put it elsewhere, as long as it's
findable. For example behind a link labelled "Copyright and License", or
an about box in an app.

At least that was my impression from previous discussions on that topic
and that's how I do it on my own maps. It's also the only practical
solution when you have more than one source and limited screen space.

That there is no copyright information on the mobile version of osm.org
*at all* is undesirable, though - I used to consider this a bug.

Tobias