On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:46:30PM -0700, Paul Norman wrote:
> What do you mean by fields?

I mean columns in RDBMS tables.

> One description for the OSM map database (planet.osm) is a database of
> georeferenced shapes (including points) with associated data (what the shape
> represents) and meta-data (time edited, user edited by, etc). I am very

And OSM excludes *some* of that meta-data from what it considers
to be derived - "fields" like "user edited by."

In RDBMS terms, might one expect to use a SELECT to produce a derivative
"database," excluding non-derivative data?

> You appear to of misquoted me, I don't think I said what you have in your
> quotation.

Sorry, I mixed quotes from the two responses I got, trying to be brief.

John