Hi,

As long as that proprietary layer has not been created based on OSM data,
you are definitely good to go.

However, if the data was created based on OSM data (for example, users add
a marker on an OSM-based map and the marker was positioned relative to
objects depicted on the OSM map), then you are entering a murky gray area
and would need to consult an IP lawyer to give you a definitive answer.