On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree. Importing Corine is a big mistake for any OSM community. The best
> way to use Corine is to make a rendered Corine layer, and then use that to
> help with mapping.

blablabla, always the same song. Like if a blank page is better than
rough landuses... With this concept, OSM should have never started
with Yahoo imagery...

> I've seen a Corine import in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the data is awful.
> Not only that, it makes mapping a nightmare for any beginner.

Like any other contributions, you are free to delete old landuses and
make new ones better. Just do it. Btw, mapping landuse is any way a
nightmare, even for experimented contributors. I did. Did you ?

Back to the OP, many data sources imported requires some
acknowledgment. This is either on the polygons or in changeset
comments. Even if it is removed from elements, you find it in the
history. (it's even better in the changeset comment since it is
permanent)

Pieren