Hi,

You may find more discussion of this topic on this OSM help page:

> https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/710/can-i-use-google-streetview-to-help-create-maps

I see many people agree that we can use the images to access reality.  This
does not mean we're using the images themselves, which is copyrighted work.

> Also, somebody has asked Google regarding Street View. Here is Ed Parsons'
> answer: "Checking the odd street names is OK. But every street name I
> would suggest
> >* would represent a bulk feed."*

With all due respect, this is plain wrong.  Anyone who dealt with databases
know that a bulk load is an automated insertion of copious ammount of data.
 Browsing photos to manually write down signs and house numbers is far from
bulk load.

>  And "bulk feed" refers to the Terms of Service: 2(e) [You may not] use
> the Products in a manner that gives you or any other
> >* person access to mass downloads or bulk feeds of any Content,
> including but *>* not limited to numerical latitude or longitude
> coordinates, imagery, and *>* visible map data * Hope that helps.

It says "imagery".  I'm not telling to download and use the images
elsewhere.  Reading a sign in SV photos and taking a note is different from
copying them.

I'm still not convinced.

thanks,

Paulo