The LWG might actually publish a formal guideline on the subject, but my
informal 2c for now:

- it is fairly clear that you -could- import 3rd party ODbL licensed
data under the CT (naturally assuming every other box for an import has
been ticked too). The CTs only require compatibility with the current
OSM licence and that is a given (there are a few other details that need
to be observed, but that is the big one).

- it is just as clear that importing anything that may conflict with a
future licence change runs the risk of being removed at such a date.
Slightly opinionated comment: as one of the people that had to deal with
numerous importers that choosed to ignore what was going on during the
licence change: if there is a next time the position will be that you
were forewarned and are getting exactly what you asked for.

- which leads to the question -should- you import ODbL licenced data.
Obviously the answer to that is highly subjective, my position is that I
wouldn't, but others may differ.

Simon