I've read the section here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Use_Cases#Embedding_OSM_data_into_other_products.2Fapplications

and the response: "OK as long as the games company also provides an offer of
the open derivative DB free from technical measures in parallel (see Section
4.8b). Otherwise, its explicitly disallowed."

My use case is very similar to the linked example as my product is very similar
to a video game. My confusion is what "open derivative DB" and "free from
technical measures" means in my situation.

My use case is the following:

1. Selectively import OSM derived vector files for geographic map area.
2. Import other raster source data for elevation, 3rd party vectors, models,
etc.
3. "Massage" source data, fixing collisions, artifacts.
3. Use rendering software to create a 3D terrain using all imported data.
4. Process the 3D terrain to extract proprietary formatted data that runs in a
publicly sold application.

My questions are:

1. What is the "open derivative DB free from technical measures " in my case
above?
2. Besides offering the "open derivative DB", and acknowledging OSM as a
source, are there any other restrictions on selling the final proprietary
format?

Thank you for your time,
Dan

The information contained in this email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all
copies of the original message.