Am So, 7.02.2016, 00:53 schrieb Rob Myers:
> In general the idea of share-alike is to make sure that downstream users
> of data have the same ability to work with the data as upstream users.
>
> So it's about the users continuing to be able to use the data rather
> than improving it, although that may be a side effect in some cases.

The problem of the project is that data from the local mapping agencies
can't be released under share-alike. Of cause, the project would release
all the changed made to OSM street data, but it wouldn't be possible to
release the laduse data.

It was planned to release tools and information about differences between
cadastral land register and OpenStreetMap in terms of completeness and
other dimensions.

I'm sad that this new project can't be realised because of the strict
share-alike. I think, it's really impossible to convince the LMA to
release the generalized data under ODbL and I don't think it's enough
to describe the way and tools to do the generalization, is it?

I mean, this won't be enough, will it?
- get OSM data extract from 2016-02-07
- filter streets
- get LMA data extract from 2015-12-31
- open in generalization tool XY with parameters XY

Since the  generalization tool isn't free, nearly no user could take
advantage of this.