Thanks for raising the issue. We at maps.me tried to follow the license:
basically we are combining the OSM data without certain nodes (see the list of
ids at http://direct.mapswithme.com/direct/latest/skipped_nodes.lst ) and a
proprietary data set for hotels. Since we do not use any OSM information, like
names or coordinates, for these hotels, I assumed the result could be
considered a collective database.

Now, the matching process does indeed compare coordinates of hotels in both
datasets, and filters out nodes in the OSM data. The list of nodes is
published, so anyone can reproduce the open part of the data from a planet
dump. Again, the proprietary data is in no way affected by the OSM data (it is
added in its entirety, not a single object is omitted or altered using OSM
data). So the last item in the guidelines ("all hotels not found in the
OpenStreetMap data layers") does not apply.

If the LWG decides we are violating the license (and explains how, maybe
producing another guidelines), we will remove all OSM hotels from our data. But
for now I don't see how it's different from removing just some of the hotels.

IZ