On 06.02.2017 09:55, Erno Mäkinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For example, for the CC-BY 3.0 Unported license the ODbL Compatibility
> in the OSM wiki states that it "is ODbL compatible if rights holder(s)
> explicitly states in writing that credit on the Contributors
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors> page is sufficient
> to fulfil attribution requirements including downstream use in works
> derived from OSM".
There is no licence compatibility page published by the OSMF.

> I am wondering, though "status of CC-BY 4.0 is still under
> consideration by the LWG", if the statement for the CC-BY 3.0 Unported
> license is still true for the CC-BY 4.0 International license.
The LWG is in the process of issuing guidance on CC BY 4.0 as the page
correctly states. It has not previously made any statement outside of
that it hasn't made a statement on the suitability of CC BY 4.0 as an
input licence for OSM. That is the current state of affairs.

Simon