Hello,

In Brazil we're discussing the legality of mapping postal codes using
official data sources and we've found formal communications from the
Brazilian Post (EBCT) [1] saying that the organization has filed a
patent on the database with German Patent Applicatations, reference
number 10.346.551.0. I've found the application on DPMA's website [2],
but I'm unfamiliar with the terminology, so I'd kindly like to ask you
for some help interpreting what it says.

Under "Procedural Data", an "Examination procedure" was started in
2010 and its "Legal/procedural status" was set to "Decision to reject
has become final" in 2016. Does that mean that the application was
rejected?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correios
[2] https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/pat/register?AKZ=103465510

--