I feel the most relevant guideline in the case of Andrew would be:
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Community_Guidelines/Horizontal_Map_Layers_-_Guideline

What they do:
- using some OSM data of 1 Feature Type [large water bodies]
- and producing data of another Feature Type [ground elevation/displacement]
- moreover the final product and Feature Type is typically NOT
included in OSM data.

I would argue that this is different Feature Types / Horizontal layers.

I would then interpret the requirements as:
Use: Attribution is required.
Horizontal layers / Collective Database: Share Alike is not required.

-- althio