> Extracting than 100 elements (non repeatable) from the databse accounts for
>substantial.

That's not correct. I can extract as many as I want. It's just not allowed that
thew newly created database contains a substantial part of the OSM database.

When I create 100 databases containing 100 features each, it's different to 1
database containing 10,000 features. The first case isn't substatial, the
second one might be.

> Costs has nothing to do with the license.

That's not correct. The database directive is all about protecting the
investment, the database creator has invested into creating the database - no
matter, what he has invested in creating the data, since this is covered by
copyright of the elements in the database.