Jun 16, 2020, 13:13 by dieterdre...@gmail.com:

> I have noticed that people have been importing OSM data into wikidata.

It appears to be against advise of Wikimedia Foundation advise.

See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Database_Rights

> Whenever possible, the best course is to use only content that is made
> available by the author under an open license. In particular, for EU
> databases, the license should include a license or express waiver of
> the sui generis database right. In the absence of a license, copying
> all or a substantial part of a protected database should be avoided.
> Extraction and use of data should be kept to a minimum and limited to
> unprotected material, such as uncopyrightable facts and short phrases,
> rather than extensive text. For EU databases, bots or other automated
> ways of extracting data should also be avoided because of the
> Directive’s prohibition on “repeated and systematic extraction” of
> even insubstantial amounts of data.

Though in general approach of Wikidata is to ignore copyright, unlike
OSM or Wikimedia Commons.

Compare
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Copyright
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Copyright
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Copyright

Common comment is "we are copying facts, facts are not copyrightable"
what may be or may be not describing such editing in case of USA legal framework

> Here are some examples:
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q76939332
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q76951022
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q76972551
>
> This is a link that someone helpful has provided in the user talk page of the
> wikidata user:
> https://query.wikidata.org/#%23defaultView%3AMap%0Aselect%20%3Fitem%20%3Fcoordinates%20where%20%7B%0A%20%20%3Fitem%20p%3AP625%2Fprov%3AwasDerivedFrom%2Fpr%3AP248%20wd%3AQ1224853%3B%0A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20wdt%3AP625%20%3Fcoordinates.%0A%7D
>
> I believe the attribution is not sufficient (following the "described at URL"
> link there is OSM and mapbox attribution)?
>
> Provided that ODbL and OpenStreetMap would be sufficiently linked, is it then
> possible to copy OSM data into wikidata, which is distributed as CC0?

AFAIK not sufficient, ODBL is a copyleft ("share alike") license, so it would
be necessary to add
also that data is ODBL licensed.

I opened deletion request for one of items at
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Q76939332
and notified the author