[sigh]

I don't think it makes sense to fix this 5 year old iBook, given what looks
like an increasing rate of failure of them on this list ;-) If I did, at the
end of the process, I still have a 5 year old 800 MHz laptop. Given the
price of refurbs at the Apple Store, I'd be crazy to go through that.

Accordingly, I have everything but the hard drive (the one part the Apple
Genius said was the problem and that runs just fine in a small USB
enclosure).

Here is a partial list of stuff that might be useful:

Good screen and case lid.

Uncracked but used case bottom.

Good Combo Drive

Airport Extreme card

512 Mb RAM stick

The logic board, with the caveat that I don't why it stopped being able to
boot cleanly. Could have been the drive  . . . I don't know.

The internal shields are all there. Some screws are missing (it went in for
depot repair a couple of times and some of them never came back from
Memphis, as best I can tell).

2 good batteries (about 4 hours each).

Maybe you can simply drop in a hard drive and get it going. If so, more
power to you.

the whole thing is in parts right now, but I'd be fine with packing and
shipping the lot. I may still have one of the shipping cases that it was
returned in.

Make an offer on any component or ask for anything I didn't mention (except
the keyboard: it's toast).

I'd love to just get it out of here in one transaction. $200 for all of it
or make me an offer. Parting it out is my last resort, so if you're
interested in more than one item or the whole ball of wax, let me know.

Shipping from Seattle WA 98115
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard.org>