I have here a 17" G5 iMac, 1.8GHz processor model that will not power
up.  It seems to be a blown power supply because there is a spot of
smoke-like afterburn on the motherboard right next to the power
supply.  It looks as if something in the power supply blew and the
small explosion went outward and slightly burned some of the raw pcb
at the edge of the motherboard.  The burn doesn't extend far enough to
have touched any circuits or anything, though.  I have no way of
testing this since I have no extra power supply, so it would be
"at-your-own-risk" if we work a deal.  The case is not very scuffed
and the lcd is pretty clean and I didn't notice any scratches on it.
It is possible that replacing the power supply will be all that is
required, but it could be more, so this is a gamble.  If you need
parts, this may be your ticket for reviving your old machine.

I have stripped the hard drive, optical drive, and memory from it
already.  It does not include Airport.

Peace,
Todd Russell
Covington, LA  70435