I'm selling an aluminum 12" PowerBook G4 that operates
intermittently.  Sometimes the display will turn on, sometimes it
won't... but it boot ups and runs regardless.  It might be a good
candidate for an external monitor.

I'm in the computer repair business and I service Macs.  I
disassembled the computer and began to diagnose the intermittent
display problem.  Near as I can tell, the graphics circuitry on the
logic board is faulty.  When the display does work, there are usually
screen artifacts and the picture will sometimes freeze.

Upon opening the case, I noticed that somebody had been in there
before -- the connector for the power button snapped off the logic
board (but if you replace the board it really doesn't matter).  As
such, I removed the keyboard and used a small screwdriver to jump the
terminals together to power the machine on.

Aside from the graphics glitch, it's a good little computer.  I've had
Leopard 10.5.8 running on it and it was pretty responsive.  The
display is bright and clear (when it works) and I'm including two
battery packs, along with the original 128 MB memory DIMM.

- 867 MHz G4
- 640 MB memory
- NO hard drive (removed at owner's request)
- SuperDrive CD-RW/DVD-R

The case has a few scratches from general wear and tear but there are
no dents; it's in good shape.  Two keys (F11 and F12) are missing from
the keyboard.

Even if you don't fix this computer, it would be great for parts.
Asking $100 + shipping.  Let me know if you'd like to see any
pictures.  Of course, this PowerBook is being sold as-is.

Thanks for looking!

Andy Harvilla
Murrysville, PA