FOR SALE: a PowerMac G5 1.8 GHz Dual Processor (air-cooled).  This
computer is in immaculate condition both functionally and
cosmetically.  I purchased it new in April of 2005, but it is one of
the last of the *June 2004* model.  The serial number is G8505021QPL.
It was assembled at the US plant (G8) in the first week of February
2005, two months prior to the end of the production run of this
model.  It has been kept in my home office it's entire life, an air
conditioned smoke-free environment, on an RF filtered, surge protected
battery backup power source.  It was used intensively for
approximately one year, and only sparingly thereafter.  In 2008 I was
forced to purchase an Intel Mac in order to use the latest versions of
the applications I work with, and it has basically just been taking up
space since then. In 2009 the motherboard was diagnosed as bad by the
Apple Store in Pittsburgh, and a replacement motherboard was installed
by an Apple Certified tech.  I really liked this computer and am
reluctant to part with it, but I am not using it, so it's time for it
to go to someone who can put it to work.

The configuration is mostly stock with the following exceptions.  The
original 80GB Maxtor hard drive has been replaced with a 160GB Maxtor,
and I will ship it with a fresh install of Tiger.  Also, the RAM has
been upgraded to 4 GB total.  The white Pro kybd and Pro mouse, and
ALL of the original disks, documentation, and accessories are
included, and it will be shipped in the original factory shipping
carton.

In this configuration, I am asking $450 plus actual shipping cost.
(ESTIMATED shipping is approx $25-50 depending on distance from
western PA.)

I have the following optional upgrades that I can include or omit, per
the buyer's wishes:

an AirPort Extreme card for an additional $20
a second hard drive (Maxtor 300 GB) for an additional $30
an ATI 9650 video card (256 MB and dual DVI support) for an additional
$100

If you're interested, I'm happy to try to answer any questions you may
have, and willing to consider any counter-offers.

Sam Danton
Jeannette, PA 15644